Friday, August 31, 2018

"Cricut"






     For my new experience, I went to a "paint and sip" with my mom, however, instead of the traditional canvas painting, we got to paint a wooden pallet of our choice, with whatever we wanted not it as well! To make the stencil for the boards, we used a Cricut machine. I got a Cricut machine for my birthday, in January, but haven't used it much because it is pretty difficult to figure out how to use! I took advantage of the opportunity to ask an "expert" at the paint and sip and asked her if she would mind showing me a few things! She was excited to teach me a few things, and I learned how to do some "basics". I decided to put my skills to use and try to create something at home! Using my cricut machine, vinyl, and a mug, I created the coffee cup pictured below! I was impressed that I remember how to do the "cutting" with the Cricut, but realized I should've held the mug first in order to do the placement. On my second attempt, I didn't realize how dark the purple vinyl was, and it didn't really show up against the black coffee cup! Nonetheless, I used my cricut successfully and look forward to creating more pieces now that I have learned to use it a bit!


No comments:

Post a Comment