Wednesday, August 29, 2018

"Pot"

     I saw this flower pot while wondering around ikea, and came up with the idea to decorate it for my mom! My mom is obsessed with flowers and planets, so I decided to figure out how to decorate this pot for her, and was going to buy some seeds from the dollar store to plant for her. I originally was looking for these rocks I remember using as a kid to decorate a flower pot, but I couldn't find them! After some pinterest searching, I decided to use tissue paper as my media to decorate! I used some craft glue, painted it onto small sections of the pot, and collaged the tissue paper on top.
     After the entire pot was covered, I painted craft glue over the pieces to give the pot a glazed finish.
When it was dry, I brought it to my mom. My mom is so supportive and to this day cries when I give her anything, so as you could have guessed, she began to cry when I gave it to her. I told her my mom to get seeds for her to plant in it, but she told me she didn't want to put dirt in it and mess it up, and she decided to use it as a decoration instead. When I looked today (I gave this to her on Sunday) she had some tchotchkes inside it. It made me happy to think about how grateful she is to this day for anything she receives. It definitely made me want to make her more things, just to see the shear joy it brings her.


No comments:

Post a Comment