Monday, August 20, 2018

"... done enough"



     Everyone always talks about how relaxing adult coloring books are. I love coloring and drawing, but surprisingly, I had never used an adult coloring book! For graduation two years ago, a friend bought me an adult coloring book, but I just stuck it on a shelf and forgot about it. I figured this was finally a chance to try it out! Well... it was pretty close to torture! I chose really thin tip markers so I could color in all the spaces. My hand cramped up instantly, I felt myself getting anxious trying to choose colors, and I felt myself getting bored rather than feeling relaxed! I tried to force myself to enjoy this "relaxing activity"... but I couldn't do it and just started scribbling into the design, and couldn't even finish it that way!
     This activity really showed me first hand that every one really is different when it comes to relaxing activities and coping strategies. I know a lot of people who really enjoy these coloring books, but I feel pretty certain I will never color a page from one again, I prefer free hand drawing!

No comments:

Post a Comment